Pages


Monday, January 6, 2014

A special experiment

sooo I was wondering.. does serving others really make you happier? You always here others being like oh my! When I serve others I am truly happy. Well I got to put it to the test and see for myself. This winter charity Cottonwood High School was raising money for the Homeless Youth Resource Center. Pretty cool I know. These kids that come into this shelter are just like you and me... and you know what? Why should they have to suffer staying out in the streets wondering if they will ever see tomorrows sun rise? I think that is not the way life was intended to be. So I got involved in helping raise money for this shelter. Through the process of 3 weeks of collecting money we were able to raise just barely over $20,000.00 SHABOOM
That is a huge amount of dough. I have never been happier to go to a shelter and work with these people and present them with their check. I wish everyone could have an experience like this... we walked in..the shelter had a place for these kids to check in their weapons and grab necessity things in order to survive. If you ask me... I want to be more involved in helping places like these out. After all shouldn't humanity be all about helping others out? Unfortunately it is not, but I will try MY best to help out with what I can do for others. So all in all my experiment brought truth... when you are in the service of others you are truly happy. If you don't't believe me, go and try it out for yourselves...you wont regret it...

No comments:

Post a Comment