Pages


Monday, January 6, 2014

A beautiful truth

as I was reading through blogs I came across my friends abi scoma and she said something that has stuck with me ever since I read it and I thought it should be shared with others because it is so amazing. Background info: she went to Africa on a humanitarian trip like I will be doing with Thailand and she said she learned this:

~"Okay so back story: Before going to Africa (now too at times) I was always SUPER hard on myself. Never pretty enough, lacking in the right womanly curves, funny but too crazy and obnoxious, and not very talented in the ways I should have been. So...your basic human being.

Then I went to this magical place where I saw beauty in EVERYTHING and over the years I've adapted that into how I see EVERYONE. Going to Africa as well as my other travels, I've developed a love for my fellow brothers and sisters, ya know...children of God. When I look at people I don't see them for what they aren't...I see them for what they are, without knowing it I starting thinking all these positive thoughts about the people around me. Even strangers, if they seemed sad I just wanted to hug them and if they seemed happy I just wanted to hug them! I started complimenting everyone and sincerely understanding the beauty of just having a face and a body and a personality."

-abi scoma 

This was such a simple yet profound reminder... thank you abi 

                                                                        xoxo//gabbs

No comments:

Post a Comment